Proteins and enzymes containing metal cofactors play crucial roles in cellular metabolism. The peculiar chemistry of metal ions is exploited to perform the most difficult chemical reactions. The information coming from crystal structure determination of such proteins and from x-ray absorption spectroscopy coupled to NMR spectroscopy is used to explain at the molecular/atomic level the properties of such systems adding basic knowledge in the perspective of biotechnological applications.
- Manuela Benvenuti - Tecnico
- Cecilia Pozzi - Assegnista
- Flavio di Pisa - Dottorando/Assegnista
- Paola Turano (Università di Firenze)
- Claudio Luchinat (Università di Firenze)